Saturday, February 17, 2007

Black beans to follow



It occurred to me at the moment I took this picture that my last combination of food and camera didn't work so well...

I have a new camera and have been working to become friends with it. I'm very excited, and will expand it's use while exercising greater care in the environments I place it in.

Time has flown by this week and that's always a disturbance to me but I'm about done worrying about it. I've been running at a frentic pace, day job and my real work, the day job is what it is the real work is GOOD. Learning many things, putting together a quite exciting project with a co-conspirator that has potential to not only be fun and bring some people together, but also to result in some very cool and unexpected things. I've been working non-stop for about the last 2 days on that, researching, writing, testing, planning...getting close and ready to be doing. Very tired, in that noisy synapses firing constantly sort of way, full of possibilities.

Snow is falling lightly, not like up north but it's been godawful cold, single digits in the morning, windy, middle 20's during the day. Right now the woodstove is going pretty strong, I have a hunk of pork roasting in the oven, and rice to make, then tortillas, food from warmer climes. Maybe a dvd after supper, and then when it's quiet, some coffee and work into the wee hours cultivating the possibility of magic happening in an unexpectedly delightful way. All we can do is hope, and work towards that with a smile, some ease, and no expectations. It'll be fun to see what happens.