Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What I'm good at, part 2 (or: why you shouldn't carry your camera in the same backpack as your fish soup)

I'm good at cleaning things up: failures, messes, mistakes. In fact, I have a wealth of experience in the field.

"The good ones don't make mistakes, the great ones recover from them..."

By this measurement, I should be incredibly great by now.

To answer the question "why?" in the title, let me just say: there is always the possibility of container transport failure, liquids and electronics rarely play well together, and there are more little places for said delectable liquids to get inside the guts of said camera than one can access and clean out in 45 minutes...

the operation is still underway, success unknown but if you notice a marked decrease in photos to the blog, there's an explanation...

Now, i gotta go wash this backpack. Oh, that's another thing I'm good at:

Laundry.