Monday, February 19, 2007

"...Good will come."

Morning comes clear and cold, it'll be a crunchy walk today, bundled up in about 7 layers, but no wind and for that I am thankful.

Spent a good part of the weekend fumbling around with the latest project, ideas firing and being fired at a rapid rate, remembering it's all evolution and progress doesn't need to be linear or upward. I learn by experience, absorbtion, trial and error and accumulating results that some might interpret as failures, but it's all about having faith and building and remembering that in some cultures foundations made from compacted rubble are desirable.

Work with what you have, and if it's rubble, well, ok then.

Seeking out some "how-to" advice from the fauxpress I mentioned that I was stuck working on form at the moment because I'm not making content that was "good" enough. Part of the response was this:

Forget "good" - just make content. Good will come.

Now, I've said that to others myself a lot. Why is it that I can't remember my own lessons? Who knows? Of course just because I don't do it doesn't mean it's not great advice.

I'll pare it down a bit to use in the coming days:

Just make.

The dawn sun has the snow tinged with a pink color, time to go walk and greet the day. Hope yours rises bright and warm. I hear tell that Spring will come, eventually.