Saturday, December 23, 2006

Movie Review

On a slow and lazy (hopefully) Saturday, gateway to the holiday weekend.

I went over the hill and thru the woods yesterday to town, had sushi, saw a movie, and didn't shop. Which was fun cause there seeemed to be a lot of people scurrying about, and traffic out the wazoo, but since I really had no place to go and nothing to besides get to the matinee on time, it was all good.

The movie was "The Pursuit of HappYness". I'd highly recommend it, I'm a fan of rags to riches true stories, even if they are glamorized for the big screen. (Listen to me, "big screen"...ha, this is only the second movie I've seen in a theatre in a year and half!) Also, it's a brief glimpse into the realities and challenges that a huge amount of people out there face every day. Which reminds me to be grateful for what I do have and not complain so much when little things go awry.

Chris Gardener's story
is quite amazing. Fortitude, tenacity and intuitive intelligence combined with outright stubborness and hard work resulted in his rise out of desperate circumstances. A inspiring example of what a person can do.

The sun's out a bit before the next round of storms roll in, so I'd better go and take advantage of it. Hope everyone has a great Saturday and is enjoying the holiday weekend.