Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday Morning

Is there anything better than waking up to a warm glowing sun on a leafless fall morning? Well, probably, but I gotta say, it's pretty good.

So, warm, sun, coffee. The weekend lays before me. I could completely fill it with chores, errands, worrying, planning, doing. Or, I could Do Nothing.

Which is what I choose. Of course my Nothing is not void of Something. But I intend to float, cruise, drift through today, without plan or purpose or intent. Sounds lame I know. But the visit to the witch dr. yesterday opened up some more avenues of thought (more accurately, contemplation) which might be healthy for me to consider, or at least more fun than worrying and obsessing about god knows what. Prescription: "relax, let go, let some stuff out. Go get sticks and twigs from Joe, make the tea, quit self-editing, repressing, holding back, take some chances, etc. Your health and well being certainly depend on it, your life might..."

Well. Considering I got home after serving as a human pincushion/direct impression voodoo doll, felt awful, crashed hard and slept for about 12 hours, maybe I need to listen.

So today I'll hop in my little car, and wander the mountains, a solo expedition with the windows down and music blasting. Maybe go find some good coffee where no one knows me. Go to the only good grocery store within an hours drive (one way!) and get something decent to cook tomorrow (i'll take the cooler, hunting and gathering). Maybe get over to Joe's (the opposite direction, but today I say FEH! to time, distance and perceived inconvenience) which is about as close to going to see the sage on the mountain as one can get in the Western Hemisphere. Maybe sit in the sun and draw, read, or maybe...just sit in the sun.

Do I know how to have fun or what?

Hope everyone has a good Saturday of your own. For goodness sake, be good to yourself, give yourselves the luxury of some time. All that stuff that needs to be done? Maybe not so much. In the Kingdom of Small Ponderings, it's a holiday: Do Nothing Day. Do absolutely Nothing for yourself, and if you're inclined, report back here and we'll compare notes. How slow can you go?

Have fun, updates from the outback later...