Sunday, August 20, 2006

sunday

Battling a mid/late summer cold and yucky feeling, i suspect brought on by too much work and worry and not enough r&r. The bane of compulsive doers and worriers. And I know better, which makes it even worse. I have a friend that tells me I worry when I take a deep breath; I'm beginning to fear that's true. And there's another thing to worry about.

Cool (cold for august) and rainy today. Gray day, gray feeling, gray mood. Zero motivation. I think there'll be a good bit of Chinese poetry, naps and hot tea consumed today. I've been dabbling on a blog entry about the importance of making stuff and how we need more artists, poets, dancers, musicians, pranksters and jesters but I can't seem to connect the dots so well with this foggy head, so I guess that will wait, or die on the vine.

I think what we really need are more shamans, medicine men and women, seers, oracles and visionaries. Or we need to become our own.

See how things degrade in short order? Better I should point everyone away from this mess and towards something of value and content, like this. A good entry on a good blog with wide range.

Maybe that's an idea: smallponderings as a directional signpost to more substantive material.

Hope everyone else is healthy and having a great weekend.