Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A digression on the mundane details of this evening

I like tools that work well. If I had the money, I could be a gadget head. But as it is, I have to be really picky on where the pennies go. This requires me to do a lot of research, suffer a lot of anxiety, and hope for the best.

So, in the happy mail today comes a little widget that I need to work on my video project. Oh joy! Ready to open it with excitement, ready to test and play and learn to use it. Except it is packaged in the dreaded blister pak.

Which I have to say, is apparently made of teflon, and is bulletproof. You could protect the space shuttle with this thing, or use it to armor plate vehicles. So, grab the scissors...

Except, whats the deal with these scissors? Cheap pieces of crap! How hard is it to make decent scissors for a reasonable price? And where does one find them? And then how does one keep from losing them, or having them disappear into the scissor ether?

I hope there is a special place in hell for packaging designers where they are dispatched to open their own designs with nothing but lame scissors to assist for all eternity.

This concludes my digression. Back to my project....