Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The things I do...

So another day at work, after an insomniac night (reason unknown). When I don't get good rest, I can't connect the dots very well the next day. So here we are.

Came home, took a short nap, ate dinner then took a long walk with the doggies. It's was a beautiful evening. I swear this morning and tonight you could faintly smell a change (fall) in the air, but its not close yet. Around here, the tell-tale more than anything is the light quality during the day. Suddenly, it changes from Blue Ridge hazy to crystal clear. And then you know you better have the woodpile in good order.

After walking, spent a while working on some small paintings that will be part of a mix media piece. A little reading about writing screenplays (I want to do short docs and have to start somewhere) and soon to bed. An aside: I filmed an interview with Cap'n Rich Long last week, and looked at the raw footage and it was truly awful (my fault). I need to work on lighting, better sound, and actually create interview questions instead of just turning on the camera and having him talk and thinking I can edit it down to make some sense.

These are the things I do when I'm not working or in my clay studio.

Have a great tomorrow, it's auction night for me.