Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Present tense

I'm about to head out to the day job. Thought I'd attempt a post before the rest of the world gets the best of my energy and attention. My readers, both of you, deserve much more than leftovers...

I work in a funny place. Organizationally, we tend to be problem revisitors, repeaters, perpetuators. It's taken me a long time to make peace with that. It is what it is, and it's not all bad. But some of the conversations would make your head explode, or maybe implode.

I digress, which I'm prone to do.

Anyway, revisiting yet another in a series of endless circular debates recently, I said this:

"You can't do anything about what happened, you can't do anything about what might happen, all you can do is something about what IS happening, the rest of it isn't real!..."

(That, and the realization that any thought of control is an illusion anyway...)

I amaze myself sometimes.

We are Here, the time is Now.

I'm off to see what happens today...