Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Small Ponderings Public Service Dept

Good morning. Hope everyone is off to a good start. Fire is stoked, double espresso made (no milk, 1 sugar), dogs are fed, cats are waiting, and snow clouds looming over the west ridge. Waiting for enough light to walk.

Most times I read much better than I write. To that end:

David Byrne's Journal. Read the last few entries, he is thoughtful and articulate and presents ideas and concepts in a quiet and congenial manner. I learn a lot from reading his pieces.

and this:

The Future of Learning Manifesto. I stumbled onto this last night, it knocked me out. There was a little too much "gimme, gimme" in it for my tastes (lacking any sense of entitlement) but the thrust and point was good. I hope the guy does start a wiki, I'd like to see what others have to say about the subject.

I can look thru my window now and see a dim glowing over the east ridge, so I guess I can bundle and stumble for our morning walk to clear out the cobwebs and get the joints loosened up. It's dry at the moment, we'd better enjoy it while it lasts. I'll put another log in the stove, and away I go...

Hope everyone has a great day!