Monday, January 08, 2007

Routines: #1 in a series

I guess that supposes there'll be a #2...

Routines are not bad things as long as they don't dominate action and eliminate choices. I view my odd (or mundane) routines as points of departure. I wander and meander a lot, both physically and metaphysically, so a routine gives me a starting point and somewhere to return to if i get too far off track. So I thought I'd share a couple of mine with you, and invite you to join the party and share yours in comments.


Episode 1: A decent beginning to a day

wake up
let dogs out
make coffee
let dogs in
feed dogs
sit with coffee
check email
write email
blog a bit
read a poem or two
look at a couple of line drawings
walk lucy, rain or shine, cold or warm
come back
get ready for work

There's a lot of latitude in there for other things to happen or not.

Hope everyone has a great start to their day. Now it's just light enough, and I'm heading out for a walk (in the rain.)