Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Midweek midday

during which he recounts seemingly unrelated instances of magical and mundane delights:

I walked up to the old logging land this morning, there were about 2 dozen bluebirds (yes, eastern bluebirds) flying around and perching in the shrubs and deadfall. Brilliant blue, against the drab background, the early sunrise shining on them, they looked almost neon and chirped happily. Unusual. Lucky me.

Llamas on the knoll, and I have my camera with me today. They are very inquisitive this morning, or grumpy, I couldn't tell which. Pictures at 11...

Steelwork going up for a new studio, it looks like a giant spiderweb agains the blue sky.

Old ironwork on the llama pasture gate caught my eye. 5 years, I walk by it daily numerous times, oblivious to the detail. Not today. Slowing down is paying off, maybe.

Leftover hot and spicy shrimp and sausage gumbo for lunch today. Yum.

Coffee, good.

35 degrees requires more than the tshirt and sweatshirt I have on, i don't care how sunny it is outside. Gloves would have been a good idea too.

It's been a good morning. Hope yours is the same.