Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Found wisdom (redux)

Oh, this is fun! lot's o' comments. I'll chime in (again). I don't take that manifesto as a whole, I just subscribe to the parts I like, which is pretty much all but the "write not for others, write for yourself" lines. I wanted to show the whole piece to see what others think. My personal view and practice? Make stuff, show it, make more... in detail here:

To reiterate my friend and mentor TS: "Art is not art until you get work out to a public. Up until then, it is something that you do and it might be very important and valuable to you (and really must be to work) but that it is doesn't really count until it is distributed out of your own territory into the Chatter and Grind of the Lost and Anonymous American Ether." (We could easily expand this to include to say the International Ether, TS is not exclusive in the least.)

Finally, another friend, and I'm paraphrasing but wholeheartedly agree: "the more people we can get dinkin' around making things and showing it off, the better off all of us will be..."

Oh, yeah! Spread the word.