Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Shifting down into the evening

Home after working, the day sunless, the light dwindling and soon time for a walk. A cold one it will be, the breeze is moving pretty good and there's a chilly fog all over the mountain. Finishing coffee to perk me up, craving a rare steak, a giant martini, green green salad with feta cheese, olives, oil and vinegar. Winter food.

I don't know where that came from but there it is...

Little thoughts flitting through my head...an auction piece to finish, scratching around on ideas for a little movie on time, wanting to do a little pocket book or 'zine, and thinking that i'll re-direct claywork and plan to fire again when it's warm, breaking my tradition of cold weather firing. Lately I'm more interested in words and graphics and sound anyways, might as well give into that inspiration and see where it leads.

Gotta go down the hill on a little helpful task tonight, reviving someone's computer. They've been without for a while. I don't know how people do it, i'm addicted to my computer and the 'net like it's crack. If my internet access is out for more than 1/2 hour, I get twitchy. Sad, I guess, but it could be worse. It could be crack. And I rationalize by saying I'm not a TV person...books and the 'net are my thing, my window to the world and my primary form of communicating. But, whatever, to each his or her own.

Need to unplug now and get to walking while it's still light enough for me to navigate. Falling down the hillside, now that might put a crimp in the evening's activities.

Hope everyone is well, warm and dry. Enjoy the evening: make your own party.