Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blustery

Back on the ground on Planet Blehhh after a pleasant detour of Cirkus Dreams. It rained like the end of days last night, this morning dawns windy and cold, cold rain tonight with a chance of snow tomorrow, oh joy. Work was waiting, with all it’s glamour and fulfillment and excitement. Cook the burgers, toast the buns, melt the cheese, it’s all the same and never changes…

Like a lot of things, the challenge is in getting up and doing it. Please enjoy this video snapshot of my emotions during the average workday…

Obviously, today requires daydreaming of warmer climes. And listening to the music of my people. Well, ok, the people that I wish were my people. My people actually are pretty quiet and not musically inclined. Which makes me wonder if I was switched at birth, or if gypsies traded me for an old Studebaker, in which case they made a good deal, cause you could live in that thing if so inclined. All this to say that if I was switched at birth, that would answer a lot of questions I’ve had for a long time.

Excuse me while I go perform some meaningless and mundane task or another. In the meantime, I hope your day is filled with joyous music from fiddles, accordions, guitars, assorted percussion instruments and languages so foreign that you can’t decipher them but they speak to you on a primal level and your feet move of their own accord and a smile creeps across your face and people wonder “now what is he/she so happy about?” (Nice run on sentence, eh? Stay tuned for my essay on my favorite punctuation...)

It’s always nice to keep them guessing…