Monday, August 28, 2006

monday

After working all day and late Sunday. The morning starts before light; the good thing is I get some quiet time to watch the sun come over the ridge, have coffee with hummingbirds having a morning party at the feeder, and a lazy slow wakeup walk.

Working on bits and pieces of various projects. Beginning to gear up to do clay stuff for the fall, so I can fire my big kiln before Thanksgiving. A little melancholy about another lost summer. Well, not lost so much as consumed. It moves so fast there is little time to absorb the good stuff, which is sad in a way. Summer at it's best is slow and languid (my opinion). And now fall is right around the corner and it's time to think about woodpiles and roadwork and all that other stuff.

The wheel keeps turning. And I'm reminded of an old fellow I worked with for years who had done a lot of living and ended up being pretty wise and content. He used to have two things he said that fit any situation, good or bad: 1)"you just gotta let the big ball roll" and 2)"the wheels gonna turn, the trick is to make sure it doesn't run over you".

Have a great day!