Thursday, August 17, 2006

a bit under the weather...

which is an odd thing to say in the negative sense, as the weather is beautiful here today.

But...

Off this afternoon, laying around, restless, trying to avoid the threatening plague. Rattling about, stumbled onto this, old, I don't know how long I've had it, but I like it:

-------------------------------
"I needed an amulet last week
To help me work at my painting studio."

Be a Mad Monk
I wrote
Thinking of Shih T'ao and Jung Kwang.
How can I be a mad monk
When I am applying for office work
And paying bills?

You may not know what
You are,
But you can know that
You are
The old books tell me
As I sit in my kitchen
Scrawling poems in the near dark.
- Tanya Joyce
-----------------------------

I don't know that I know anything, but I think I need a nap.

Be well and happy wherever you are and whatever you are doing.