Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shift in Time

Well, maybe not so much, but a lovely and unhurried day. Finally! This is the first day in weeks that I haven't felt beat upon by small people with big sticks. After getting going this morning and taking a short dog ramble down the hill, all the joints loosened up from yesterday's dragging and lifting and hauling and mowing, and by cup of coffee number 2 things were looking pretty good.

Today's activities included some painting (I seem to be doing a lot of it these days enjoying it immensely) reading and writing a few emails, contemplating dragonflies, and spending most of the day outside on our shady deck, with at least half the pet population, a few birds, and a good many hummingbirds present. Snacks here and there, a smidge of reading, and all seems pretty much right with the world.

Tomorrow is back to work, another long stretch. I think my goal will be to try to keep my head as empty as it is now, and for the love of all that is good and holy (or bad and unholy, depending on your preference) stay slowed down and try not to get so wound up. I think I must be prone to internal agitation, which can be stimulated by the smallest thing, then it feeds on itself. Not good. Gotta remember about position. Feel free to remind me of that the next time I start complaining, which if recent history serves as an example will be about Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon and evening. Maybe I'll post an image or two later. I even recorded some of the hummingbirds at the feeder (audio). Maybe I'll edit that down and do something and post it. Anyone want to hear a hummingbird close up and personal?

Ah, lazy Sunday. Pretty sweet, eh?