Monday, February 06, 2006

Windburnt

That's me. Ended up outside most of the afternoon in the cold wind, and feeling it tonight. Unplanned heavy lifting has left me tired and my feet are still cold!

So tomorrow I'll take baby steps...I'm taking the day off from day job responsibilities and heading across the mountain to begin my video project on Joe Hollis and Mountain Gardens. I've read, researched, tested, practiced and studied about how to do this till I'm blue in the face, so it's time to take the plunge. I'm clearly in over my head and the potential for complete and total failure is huge, but I'll at least give it a try and make a big ol' bellyflop splash, if nothing else. Boy loves a project. I subscribe to these precepts: "It's either sink or swim, and sinking isn't an option" and "It's better to do something badly than not try for fear of doing something badly". It's all a matter of definitions anyways.

Tomorrow will be a bit of taping and my first crack at interviewing. It's gonna be like "Forrest Gump does media." But I have to start somewhere, and there is no better a person to do it with than Joe. He's kind, gentle, smart, and fascinating and his gig truly has to be seen to be believed. If I'm not totally demoralized, I'll blog about it tomorrow night.

The logging/clearcut story grows. This is gonna be a thing, for sure. Tonights topic is the road; since it is not state maintained, using it for commerce is an issue (because its not supported by taxes). So all of us with access on the road are filing a petition to force the logging outfit to put up a bond for road repair (knowing it will get wrecked from heavy equipment travel etc). The loggers of course are not happy about it, but it looks like we have a good position and at least can accomplish this little thing. And tonight I'm worried about what will happen with the wildlife (ie where will it GO?) because I heard the owls earlier. I hate the idea of the habitat destruction.

Finally for the evening I'm going to point you to today's Superhero Journal entry. It's about the path of least resistance, something I've been pondering for quite a while. There's some good points of departure to consider in the entry and some of the comments. I think all of us at times spend up so much energy fighting and resisting that we miss out on the juice of life that we so badly want and need. Path of least resistance, balance, acceptance, contentment, security, peace...all this stuff is connected. I'm beginning to believe these are not things you can get by working and grasping, but things that will COME to us if we are open and honest and aware and make positive choices. And I'm just about to start talking (writing) in a circle, so will hit the pause button right here...

Hope everyone has a good evening and is healthy happy and warm wherever you are.