Saturday, January 28, 2006

Art of the Mundane

In spite of the morning post I managed to get myself into some kind of gear and get a few things done. I mean the sun was up and out, its wasn't stupid cold, and the wind, she did not blow today. So on the balance things were ok.

I spent a good bit of time in the clay studio, making parts for yet more unsellable sculpture. My goal: to have the biggest collection of Mark Boyd sculpture in the world. You'll be pleased to know I'm well on my way. After that some testing of my little sound rig, which I am quite pleased with- O/C research seems to have paid off, even though the amount of time I spent on it is embarrassing. Sound stuff wrapped up, I did some video tests, which I'll work on tonight to see how that came together. Assuming I'm making some degree of headway, I plan to spend some time soon at Mountain Gardens doing preliminary interviews and some filming in the greenhouse as Joe plants seedlings for transplant in the early spring.

Somewhere amid all that was laundry, and tonight it was nice enough to cook out on the deck, a slow roasted chicken with tons of garlic, and black beans with tortillas. The food of my people. If I only knew how to play a concertina, or gypsy guitar; then I'd have something.

So now in the evening, I'm trying against all odds to educate myself on small video production. It's fun and I enjoy it, maybe I can get lost in it and a answer or a piece of one to all the questions floating in the background will flutter down on me.

Have a great evening!