Thursday, December 22, 2005

Winter is here

Officially. So I change my background color to complement the season.

I'm thinking I'm the only blogger not blogging Christmas. What does this say about me? I'm not sure, but to be clear I actually do have a bit o' cheer to share, hopefully tonight.

I do have to say I'm not a big celebrator or holiday person in general, but I'm not too terribly Scrooge-y and actually have been enjoying this season for a change. But if you came to my little house on the hill, I would get failing marks for Holiday Activities. We don't decorate, do gifts, or make much of any fuss at all. I'm more the "Peace on Earth/Goodwill to Men and Women" type. And I like to cook and eat, but that's a daily thing. All the other I can take (or leave) as entertainment, but try to thrust me into the big river of Christmas chaos and I get a little weird. And, I don't like to limit my gift giving (such as it is) to the generally accepted holiday period. (this is why K and friends receive presies like in April or Oct or some other odd and unexpected time). I give when the mood hits.

So, enjoy your day. Tell me about it. Monkey do like shiny things!

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

(from the who's in whoville...see? I know things...)