Friday, November 11, 2005

Hi Ho, Hi ho, its off to work I go...

The wind blew hard for the last couple of days; this morning dawns with all leaves and soft edges gone, and our mountains look like a Japanese Woodcut Block Print. To the east the light is sharp, and everything is in deep contrast, with little or no varigation- the east ridge is a hard undulating line, the foreground woods and mountain are a deep indigo/purple/nearly black. All the trees are crisp sumi ink verticals, backlit by the creeping light. There is no bleeding or melting of colors; the light preceding the sun is brilliant orange, and the sky above a band of yellow white capped with purple. The air itself is crystalline. A nice morning.

And I'm off to work, juggling numerous events for the next few days. As an organization, we don't seem to do well spacing things across time. I'm not involved on the scheduling side, but I am the implementation side. So I pretty much ride the wave the comes to me. As a result I'll do 3 months worth of events in the next week. It's a heck of a way to run a railroad.

I suspect there'll be little blogging till Sunday, when I come up for air before diving back in. Until then, I hope everyone has a great weekend. Remember to support your local (and remote) small artists. And make some stuff yourself.

Small art can change the world for the better. And it needs all the help we can lend.