Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blog lunch

(to show you how it's going, i started this post at lunch around 11:45...it's now 8:05pm)

It's Tuesday, I lost Monday, and Wed isn't looking too hopeful!

But:

glazed pots all afternoon yesterday, cooked a big pre-tgiving dinner, made a 3 piece series of mail art before crashing. Got up in starlight this morning, loaded and hauled trash and recycling, delivered aforementioned dinner to a friend at breakfastime, ran errands, mailed aforementioned mailart (yea!)got to work, and have been working. This afternoon, more working, more glazing into the night. Leftovers for dinner. The life of a working artist.

I put a piece in a show, a large-ish sculpture entitled "Fall Koan" (nope, no picture, cause that was one more thing to do...) I don't usually title my pieces, but on the spur of the moment that's what came to mind.

From Wikipedia: A koan is a story, dialog, question, or statement in the history and lore of Chan (Zen) Buddhism, generally containing aspects that are inaccessible to rational understanding, yet that may be accessible to Intuition.

Koan aptly describes my artwork in general: An up to this point unsolvable riddle- why do I do it? why do I continue to do it? what the heck am I thinking? Where does all the time go? As I write this it becomes apparent that I could expand this line of questioning to the rest of my life. Hmm...

here's the latest pic I took of the road looking down from our house. It's long and winding...I had a spectacular metaphorical post in mind when I took it; now I can't remember the post or which day I snapped the shot. So we're left with a road and no story.

It's pouring down rain now, the wind blowing and getting foggy. Cold front moving, snow forecast for tomorrow night. Raku is complaining at my feet and now jumping in my lap, wanting me to do something about the weather. She doesn't know I'm just a guy trying to make a little stuff and keep her fed and warm.

I clearly need to go to bed. So I will. Remember, tomorrow is the Golden Egg Grand Opening. Send Sam warm wishes and good thoughts and most of all, book orders.

G' night all...