Thursday, October 06, 2005

The next step...

This is one of my favorite Richard Stine pictures, titled "Face to Face with the Second Step". (used without permission but I hope the credit passes for ok). It's appropriate for the evening, because I actually got down into my studio and readied clay and wheel for major effort. Now there are no excuses, and I hope I can leap over my seeming inertia and make some headway.

To that end, I painted some last night, but it felt pretty floundering. I am SO out of the groove, and can't figure how that happened. But working to get back. Part of it is that I have a lot of different projects and interests in some form of starting, but summer work saps my time and energy so I do make much headway. That leaves me with a lot of threads this time of year but no substance. So I took time this evening to sit, organize and draw focus on a couple of major things I want to do/make in the next little while. We'll see if that helps things along.

Fall wind and rains are here for a few days, I mean it's pouring. But still warm. Glad I have a good bit of the woodpile done and tarped.

Now, its off to do a little more organization, and if my energy allows, a touch or two more of painting. I got my hands on some sweet vermilion sumi ink yesterday and am dying to splash it on something.

Have a great evening!