Friday, September 23, 2005

Good Friday

Good things on Friday:

Autumn light on a different slant
The chance for a siesta!
Waking up and having a perfect cup of green tea (bulk sencha or bancha) and a piece of chocolate
Wikipedia as a resource
An old laptop with a new battery, and wireless dsl (look ma, no wires!)
Perfectly fitting well worn Birkenstocks (the worlds most perfect footwear)
Late season hummingbirds at the feeders
Affectionate cats, chihuahua, and golden retriever (simultaneously)
Grilled chicken wings with hot sauce and cold blue cheese dressing and a bloody mary on the deck
Anticipating a long walk in the warm early fall twilight
Reading in the evening
Early to bed in our new yummy bed (no more aching back!)

This all after an abbreviated workday...I mean, how can you not want to leave work behind and play a little (especially since I'm back at it early in the a.m.?)
I suppose this entry is trivial in light of all the bad news of the day, but its my way of remembering how lucky I am and being grateful (I am too often forgetful and prone to complaining.) I wish everyone reading (and those that aren't) to have some trivial good things of their own to talk about this Friday.

I'm off to light the grill. Have a great evening!