Monday, December 04, 2006

Flatness

Not a bad mood, nothing amiss, in sync as much as ever, but for some reason, oddly quiet and contemplative. Unexpected even, as my head's been noisy for a while with synapeses firing wildly, all sparks and chaos. Maybe I'm tired, though I don't feel so, I mean not anything beyond normal. Feel like maybe I'm gathering steam or something, either that or as I told someone recently I've been feeling a little bear-like, as if preparing for hibernation. Even as I write that, a nap sounds good.

Lit the wood stove tonight, definitely the start of winter. Cold and crystal clear today and this evening, a hint of snow in the forecast. I don't mean play cold either, I mean ground frozen windburned multiple layers and gloves are nice cold. Payback for that spring-like weather a week or two ago. The wheel always turns...

I don't have much to say, and I'm saying it, to paraphrase John Cage. Just noodling around, seeing what passes thru, drawing, not really drawing but doodling, working on some kind of altered book/text sculpture thing, I don't know where its going or even if it's going. Some day I'll do clay again, but not feeling like forcing it, or anything else for the matter. Thought I'd let go of the levers for a while and see what happens.


(Brian Andreas)

Have a great evening, stay warm, dry and find something to smile about.