Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The day after...

Back at work today…how about you?

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend and a wonderful Christmas celebration. Mine was quite fine, thank you, so laid back and mellow (no traveling, company or much chaos of any kind) that if it got any slower, we might have been going in reverse. This allowed me to rest and relax, states of being that are generally foreign to me. Or maybe it just takes me time to wind down.

But when I do, some things occur to me:

1. People are generally doing the best they can do, and are pretty all right, all
things considered.
2. We are all more alike than we might imagine.
3. Being grateful for what we have and expressing a little sincere gratitude is a
sure antidote to melancholy.
4. No one said we’re supposed to be happy all the time, things move in cycles.
5. Things are neither as bad or as good as they might appear.
6. I think I should try to be nicer, more pleasant, more positive, less grumpy, less
reclusive, less cynical, and less impatient.
7. I think the best thing we can do is to try to make our immediate worlds more
livable, accepting and tolerant. It seems the best and quickest way to do that is
to play nice and be kind, and share our cookies. And always say “Please” and
“thank you” and mean it.
8. I should follow my own advice more often.
9. For whatever reason, I’m reminded of how lucky I am. (feel free to point this out
the next time I’m complaining about some silly thing or another…)
10. Making stuff matters a whole lot (to me, anyways).
11. Cumulative desires and expectations unfulfilled can make one crazy. Best to
focus on what we have instead of what we think we lack.
12. Google and Wikipedia: if not the source of all knowledge, at least the doorway.
13. There are much more important things happening in the world than
whatever is in my head in a given moment. Perspective is healthy.

Now that seems like a great stopping point…besides this looks suspiciously like a list of some sort…from whence it came I do not know.

Hope everyone is having a great day, no matter what you’re doing. And because I’m in such a good mood, I have something for you, right here.

Yes, you are.