Saturday, November 25, 2006

Supporting quality blogging since...oh well, for a long time

I am not a very good writer/blogger...I mean I have my moments, few and far between, but for the most part, eh... I think my blog is more like random graffiti in the ether. But I am, however, A Very Good Reader.

I have blogging/writing heroes, people who are incredibly talented, funny, poignant, thoughtful, informative, entertaining, sensitive, challenging, sharp observationists, and fabulous communicators. I read them daily, usually more than once, and go back into their archives. I try to keep them current in my links. Some of them drop out a bit every now and then (you know who you are!) At the top of the list of people that I read every day, Meg Fowler. And if she's not at the top of your list, then she should at least be on it. Reading her work daily will make your days better. Just like vitamins and orange juice and a good book.

By now everyone knows my position on art and artists and making stuff, and how I think we should support the folks that make great stuff, known or unknown. Every chance we get, we should make a statement with our time, money and energy. There are oodles of people out there doing incredibly solid work that no one knows about. So our mission is to spread the word, support however we can, cultivate and encourage. To that end:

Canadian Blog Awards

Click the icon linky and vote for Meg's blog in Best New Blog and Best Personal Blog. Be a grassroots contributor and supporter of real art by a real artist. Do this every day, until she wins in one or both catagories. You'll be glad you did. And if she doesn't win, you'll be fully justified in demanding a recount, as the voting is all electronic, and you know how that goes sometimes...

One other thing: go make stuff of your own and share it. Tell you what, send me text or images of what you're doing, I'll post it here if you want. Maybe instead of being a POV site, I'll be a pointer to everyone else, goodness knows we'd benefit more from that than my endless ramblings!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. The sun's up and it's freakishly warm today, so I'll sit out in the sun like an old dog and store up for the winter. I wish you happy and healthy wherever you are.