Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday Bloggity

In for the evening, the sun dropping behind the west ridge right...now. Ok, offically dusk, soon to be dark. And the temp will drop.

A couple of weeks ago, I was suffering blog angst, among other stuff. For now, blog angst seems to be under control if not cured. Content though is another matter. I struggle if I attempt to be entertaining, informative, or profound. It seems to come easier, go better, if I just write about what I'm seeing, doing, reading, and maybe thinking. Some days there's not much seeing/doing/reading going on, or at least it's mundane to the point of snooze-o-rama, and as for thinking, well, I can't tell you everything I think, and trust me for the most part it's not all the interesting, except to me and then it's quite fascinating, delightful, worrying, terrifying, obsessive and optimistic all at the same time.

I can be a complicated man. As can be most people, unless you're a girl, in which case you could be a complicated woman. But I digress.

And it just occurred to me that I need to fix my links and point you towards people that I really enjoy reading and you should too. Somehow the week flew past without me doing that. So, tonight: linkies, new and improved.

Can you tell I'm on the tail end of a homemade 4 shot mountain latte and haven't eaten all day?

Where was I? Oh, I was just going to tell you about today's mundane doings. Life on the hilltop, fall style. Went up to The Tree, sawed and split wood, got the tractor to haul it out, tractor wouldn't start, so got out tools and did a quick tune up of tractor. Up into the woods, loaded, hauled, stacked. Put tools away, put tractor away. Noted knee deep leaves in the dog yard. Shook head, having raked leaves out of there last sunday. Leaves are like laundry and the mail, they're just never done. And, I live up in the woods, ergo, lots of leaves. I do not subscribe to the clean sweep philosophy. And have no lawn, just woods, or not woods. So, raked to move leaves to somewhere other than the dog yard. Try to imagine the irony of leaf raking in the woods and you get a glimpse of my life. Very often a Zen exercise. Good that I have an appreciation for irony, at least on good days.

And today was a good day, sun, fresh air, not too cold. Now I'm in for the night, finishing coffee, surrounded by canine and feline, and contemplating supper.

And of course, there's the links to do.

Hope everyone had a great day, the evening awaiting you is pleasant, and Monday comes gently.