Monday, November 13, 2006

On this particular Monday

Sun's coming up, the east ridge a jagged black line above the opaque bank of fog down in the holler. Quite the view, I should take a picture, but that would require disturbing the cat that has decided to nap in my lap. Lot of near rhymes there.

On the edge of a contemplative mood. But a busy work week ahead. This should all fit nicely with my inclination to internal conflict: a fiery interior churning and burning and the calm cool collected mostly logical and seemingly balanced external face I show the world. I am usually a tightly coiled spring, though little evidence of that exists.

Or maybe I'm just delusional.

I always wonder if I'm the only that's wired like that, or is it common and most people just don't think or talk about it? I tend to think that some people (not all) have a lot more going on inside of them than we could ever imagine. Layers and textures, all the messy vibrancy of life. The good stuff.

Note that I didn't say the pretty stuff. But I will say the combinations of light, dark, hard, soft, anger, understanding, sadness, joy, fear, bravery, sun, clouds, selfishness, compassion, all the opposites a person can contain makes for beauty. And I'll take beauty over pretty any day. I like depth, meaning and passion. And above all, wholeness.

Maybe this is just a conscious rationalization of my own chaos. What do I know?

What a pondering tangent to be on this morning. Here, let me heap on:

What/who is the center of your universe, and why? I can't come up with an answer for the myself at the moment, which makes me wonder if I'm center-less? This would explain a lot!

Off to walk, it's a perfect morning and Lucy is staring longingly out the door. Hope everyone has a great day, that the world decides to treat you decent and grace you with a few laughters and joys.