Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday

So begins another week. I worked yesterday, clouds and cold and gloomy (the weather, not me, you silly people) and the snow finally started flurrying last night. This morning, a dusting, it likes like powdered sugar on the ground.

Thanksgiving week here in the US of A...time for the big machine of commerce to accelerate. Not my thing you know. Last year for the first time ever I was unexpectedly able to fend off my traditional Nov-Jan Grinchiness (thanks to the understanding, help and positive influence from a friend). All indications are that this possibility exists again this year; it is nothing less than a holiday miracle.

Thanksgiving: time to reflect, appreciate, and openly express gratitude. I don't think I do that near enough. (ok, I reflect a lot, but maybe don't accomplish the other two near enough). Lists may be forthcoming, indulge me. Better yet, indulge yourself. Life can be pretty good if we let it.

I'm off for the first morning walk in the snow. Hope everyone has a good day. In the gaps of today, I'll work on my Punctuation post. In the meantime, let's see if we can fill up the comments with lists of 3 things you're thankful for today. I do so enjoy participatory projects and seeing what other folks are thinking about...