Thursday, August 03, 2006

on my mind:

large mixed-media art installations

cave paintings

elemental music...(this prompted by a snippet on NPR that said something like rhythm is the original music, the fundamental music of the universe and melody came later, which got me to thinking about percussive rhythm, and wondering if the people who did prehistoric cave paintings also were musicians, which led me back to the large mixed-media art installations...)

which ties back into a bumper sticker(?) I once saw that said "Art: The first language"

I should pump up this post with some pictures and sound, but it's late and i'm tired and hot, like most of the rest of the world, so I'm going to call it a day and let these thoughts rest and mellow over the night and see what's there in the morning.

Have a great evening!