Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday

I rather like the middle Sunday's during the summer. (middle for me, because from Memorial day to Labor day I work both days at least every other weekend ). This one particularly delicious since it might be the last for a while due to increased work demands.

It's a beautiful day, sunny, cool-ish. I was anticipating several delightful happenings today, but as things so often do, stuff changes, and now I have two choices: be disappointed and sulk, or be disappointed and see the day as a blank canvas and make something of it. Today, I choose the latter.

So, I'll walk a bit (very soon, Lucy is being patient), read, write, make some little colorful messes, maybe finish the mowing, take a nap, read, dabble, piddle, meander, float along or rest still as the mood hits. And enjoy the peace and quiet and no loggers and sunshine and be grateful for all the simple stuff around me. If I do anything that I think might be interesting to anyone besides myself, I'll post some pictures, maybe.

I will say that yesterday I went on a big adventure down the mountain, and dreamed of huge dramatic stone sculptures last night. I wonder if a quarry would fund an installation project for me? That's something to ponder on...

I hope everyone has a beautiful and replenishing day.