Saturday, June 24, 2006

Not on Hiatus...

Just firmly into my grinding summer routine. The days and weeks run together, little or no seperation of week vs. weekend. It's all a blur. Heck of a way to run a railroad, but whatcha' gonna do.

No lack of ideas for blogging or art making, but no time and in the odd spare moments very little energy. So it's mostly work, crash, eat, work, crash, eat.

Every summer is like this, and it's right about this time I start pondering "what am I doing, and why am I doing it?" Living this way flies in the face of my neolithic proto-Tao hermit internal wiring of relaxed acceptance and desire to float in the River of Life. No wonder I feel so self divided at times.

All that said, I'm not in a bad mood (today) just busy busy. No worse and probably a lot better off than a lot of folks. But daydreams of comfy yurts way back in the cool woods, time dictated by the sun and moon and seasons, and the ease of a slowing mind and time to breathe and digest are pretty appealing at the moment...

(he says as he posts, grabs his keys, and dashes out the door to get ready for the next 200 people arriving up the hill tomorrow...)