Thursday, April 27, 2006

Recreation, Small Ponderings edition...

Good evening boys and girls...

The fog and cool gave way to bright sun (but still cool this afternoon) A perfect afternoon for a day away from work. Oh, there was a cornucopia of activities to choose from! I could work on the sculpture I started the Tuesday, go up in the woods and build another rock sculpture or two, or just ramble around in the hills, or bring out my stuff and work on a painting, or go make clay, so many wonderful choices. Or, I could do this (which obviously I did):




Ready to wrestle with the mocking demon tree







Headway made after a few hours







Sorted by split and not split, already thinking about next winter and its not even May yet!






So I got a start...the heavy work lays ahead. The big honkin' thing is about 100' long of gnarly bad attitude and 30" in diameter. But I'll nibble away it it, with little baby steps (and a sharp blade!)

This is the life of a working artist in these hills. A lot of work, a little art. And now it's dark and the Ponderer is tired. But the demon tree??? I have it's attention.

Have a great evening!