Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Fog of Life


These are pictures from this afternoon about 3pm, unedited. Yes, it was this foggy, and the same picture could have been made at 8am or 8pm. But I actually don't mind the fog much, it's kind of mysterious, and it suggests other possibilities...like you could disappear in it, hide in it, be swallowed up by it, get lost in it...much different than daylight.
At any rate it was a coldish bundle up day, strange after all the warm weather, and that it changed that fast. But that's the mountains for you.

My trip over to see my friend was great. I spent a good part of the day there. We have good conversations, and both of us are interested lately in taking a look at the darker and edgey aspects of art and how people respond to the acknowledgement of things imperfect, rough, coarse, vulgar, aggressive, and impolite. Not from the aspect of shock value, but from the point that everything/everybody has a dark side, and why do we repress it, or deny it? Also, just the accepted standards of beauty and the refusal to see imperfections as beautiful. We tend to be in agreement that the dark/shadow self is very powerful, wildly so, and that if a person can be in touch with that and harness it, great things could happen. But left to run wild, things can go awry quickly. An interesting thing to ponder. I have some images of his work, but forgot to ask if it was ok to blog it, so I won't do that until I have permission. But it was an educational afternoon, and he reviewed my work of late and gave me some desperately needed input, most of which consisted of "make more, don't stop, don't think, don't analyze, just do". So I will.

The fog has slowed me down, and it's already good and dark. Plus the thunderstorms are rolling in, lightning and all that, so it will be an early night. However, I DO have tomorrow mornings post in the works and am so excited! Stay tuned for an audio clip guarenteed to get you up and about, fog or not!

Have a great evening!