Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Mother of All Ponderings





ah, well, maybe not so much. but in my defense, i had a pretty full plate this evening, and got a late start. You know, supper, then emails to answer, then a link to chase down, images to edit, etc.

But I felt bad about leaving you all hanging, so thought I'd at least give you a bit of the story to come. You'll notice in the first image my tequila cup, sadly empty, after 3 fills. As I write this it occurs to me that it may help explain the temporary postponement of this major blogging event, but that's another story...I made this cup myself, um, 4 years ago and fired it in the worst firing wood kiln in Mitchell County. But it's just perfect for tequila sipping. The second image is from this morning, entitled "Pondering Sculptures in the Woods, Appalachian Spring". I was shooting for the impression of light and dark, contrast, to illustrate a point in the post, which I apparently will make at a later date. Following that image is another, a small vignette of Life, the Universe, and Everything as perceived by daffodils. Yet another illustration for the fantastic entry I had in mind. Finally, a page from my notebook, just to substantiate that I did (do) in fact have intentions of writing an intelligent and articulate post, discussing a wide spectrum of thoughts including the Jungian Shadow, acknowledgment, acceptance and resolution of light and dark, Doorways (entrances or exits?), current artistic obsessions, and the general state of the Pondering World View, as of whenever I write the post.

It occurs to me that folks that happen to read this entry may look askance and wonder just what the heck is he talking about? Fair enough; I'll say that this chaotic entry is emblematic of the greater topic of "how things just aren't perfect and balanced all the time, and if they were, that'd be a little weird". One of my favorite sayings is that a well lived life is a messy business, and I'm going to open up all the Pondering doors, windows and closets so you can see what makes it tick. As I said yesterday living isn't a one dimensional experience, and I'm not a one dimensional guy. The pendulum swings, that's what keeps the time, and I have ups and downs and twists and turns that would put any rollercoaster to shame. So anyone that wants to can come along for the ride. Just please keep your hands inside the car for your own safety. There will be Light Ponderings to come, and Dark Ponderings too, cause that's just the way it goes sometimes. It's all part of a whole, of a multi-dimensional, many-layered life, messy, juicy, sometimes chaotic and sometimes perfectly still, but it's all I have to work with. And I gotta say, that aint all bad.

Finally, for all that is good and holy in blogland, does ANYONE have a clue of how to make blogger images and text line up easy so it doesn't look like some tequila addled hillbilly got his hands on a keyboard???

Have a great evening, wherever you are.