Monday, March 27, 2006

Morning Light

Sunrise. Coffee. Cat jockeying with laptop for space. Early, the workday ahead.

Ended the day early, slept long last night, one of those exhausted-feeling sleeps, like a stone. No movement, no dreams. And stirring about slowly this morning. Waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Dislikes: clocks, calendars, schedules, artificial rhythms. Even living way up here in the hills, if you have a day job, the pace isn't organic. But I'm not gonna slip into griping this early...

Let me just say I think David Byrne is a creative genius, with an immense talent and great sense of humor. And Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies are a wonderful no frills dessert after spare ribs.

I wanted to play you some music this morning, but can't get my act together, so make your own and tell the rest of the class about it.

Do one thing different today just for the hell of it. Tell us what it was, and how it felt.

Have a great day, wherever you are.