Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mid week update

After yesterdays lengthy ramble, I'm about out of my word quota for the week. But I thought it would be nice to thank and acknowledge everyone who's contributed to our little anonymous fundraiser. So thank you so much!

I won't go into details because I want to preserve the anonymity, but I can say that every bit donated has had a huge positive and immediate impact on the recipient. It has allowed the person to address immediate pressing needs, and has relieved some of the debilitating pressure of a short term financial crisis. Most importantly, I think your help has opened a door and allowed a glimmer of hope and light into a space that was getting bleak and dark. Thank you all a thousand times over.

The lines at Blogcabin are still open for anyone that still wants to toss a pebble and create a positive ripple.

Maybe one day someone will share the details of this story. Maybe not. But every one of you who gave a contribution should be proud of yourselves...you did a kind, generous, meaningful and thoughtful deed. This whole event has demonstrated what people, small people like ourselves can do. We can, through small actions and with limited resources, make a difference in someones life. It's a beginning.

I'm off to see if I can find an old article by the SF Gate Columnist Jon Carroll. It's timely, and I just thought about it today. If i can dig it up I'll link or post it. Good reading, for any day, but especially at this time of year.

Until then, thanks again. Toss, plop, ripple and change the world.