Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ideas from the haze

When I get icky, I get a head-achey fogged in, can't connect the dots kind of feeling. Not completely down, but not feeling good enough to generate any white hot mental energy and actually accomplish something. But I have an idea fermenting, way down deep. I need some help to bring it into the light of day.

So, to wit: read this entry of Kate's first.

Now, tell me if you think that figuring out how to distribute this widely, in public arenas, via print and sound isn't a worthwhile investment of time and energy. And if you do, lets get together and figure out how to do it. I have some ideas of my own but need to talk it thru with some folks. And I know there are people out there (who I'm sure don't read my blog, but maybe if you read it, and know someone who knows someone who knows something about how to plug in) who could point us in a direction.

The systems of information exchange which can lead to positive social change in this country have become so corrupted and co-opted that we have to build new ones. We cannot depend on others; we have to do it ourselves. And we have to start somewhere, here is as good as any.

I swear, if I could get a big ass stencil of that piece and spray paint it on the sidewalk at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, I would. But better to spend that energy finding a way to distribute such work far and wide.

I'm going to sleep on it. Looking forward to comments. Have a great evening.