Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bloody Mary Blogging

Sunday after my kiln firing. (thanks Karen!) A year's worth of clay work done for better or worse. Won't get a peek at it till tomorrow evening but I have my fingers crossed.

It's my big day of slacking. So I slept late, got up and took a walk with Lucy, then fixed a big brunchy bunch of food and a celebratory bloody mary. Menu: scrambled eggs and cheese, sausages, greek style fried potatoes. K gets the benefit of all of course, and is happy when I'm on a morning cooking binge. Now on the sofa, where I plan to remain for a good part of the day, feet up and listening to the rerun of this weeks Prairie Home Companion. Some dozing, some afternoon coffee, then winding down the evening early.

So I have some things to work on, but I'm feeling pretty lazy. Should I be struck with some motivation, I can go up and scan the mailart I received, and work on a video clip of the late stage of firing yesterday. I had K come up and run the video camera at the end of the firing which can be pretty dramatic visually, but I haven't looked at it yet. If not today, then sometime this week (assuming there's anything of value to work with).

Hope everyone has a warm and lazy Sunday afternoon wherever you are. Take some time to breathe and be thankful for small things. There is great benefit in slowness and ease.