Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday morning cat blogging

Hard to type with a cat on the keyboard, in your lap along with laptop, and demanding complete attention...

Brilliant fall sun and lots of wind this morning...the wind got me up at 6! I think th motion stirs me up, all that energy. This after a later than normal night for me (I'm an early to bed kinda guy) so thank god for the first wonderful hit of the morning coffee brew.

Made clay stuff all day yesterday. Progress, finally getting something I can live with. More today, assembling sculptural parts made from yesterday. I think this next kiln will have a mix of stuff, some cups and bowls and vases, along with bigger sculptural pieces. Last week I wasn't feeling very good about the work, this morning I'm cautiously optimistic.

Cat has now agreed to sit quietly on chair arm, nope, she's faked me out and is back in the lap. No matter, gotta love animal attention.

For weekend silliness, let me recommend these: The Moon Song, The Soup Song, and finally, the Winners Song cause afterall, if you wake up in the morning, then you ARE a winner! (or at least you get another chance to play the game, and that ain't all bad)

So now everyone knows one of my dirty little secrets...I LOVE crazy, pointless, clever and funny websites. In fact, when K and I saw these I said "you know this could change my life...if i could figure out how to do stuff like this I'd quit my job in a minute..." Not because it could even beging to make me even part of a living, but because what better artistic pursuit than to make things that make people laugh out loud? I'd starve, but do it laughing all the way.

I am such a cultural infidel...

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Go outside and play, and remember: "WE'RE ALL WINNERS!"