Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday Artist's Reading

A brilliant day today. It'd be great if we could bottle days like this and have on the shelf for the dead of winter. The owls like it apparently, they have surrounded the house and are having an owl pow-wow tonight.

This afternoon was the first Stacking of the Wood event. As I write this, a rather nice pile is neatly stacked and tarped. Like money in the bank. At the end of the day its' hard to argue with a pile of wood...

But to the point: tonight, I offer a copy of a document a dear friend/teacher sent to me via email today. It's from a friend of hers, details at the bottom of the doc. This is one of the best things I've read in a while; it hit me at a perfect time, and I find it very inspiring. Required reading for all artists (this is testable material kids!). I've argued this point for several years and am glad to see that someone substantial said it out loud in an academic environment. The more of us that take heed in this philosophy and renew our definitions, the better off all of us will be (of course this is just my own uninformed opinion).

(The file is an adobe pdf, you'll need the free reader to see it. If you don't have it, and want a text copy, contact me via email)

So that's it. Have a great evening, a wonder-full tomorrow, and celebrate the power of amateurism!