Friday, September 30, 2005

We Can Podcast!

Podcasting works! Both my test files pulled down to the reader. Whoopee!

I do it because I can...now the challenge will be to post some substantial content. Stay tuned, I know I can do this!

Oh yeah...if you're interested in getting podcasts (especially good ones from other people much more talented than I) I'd recommend downloading iPodderLite if you have a mac and 10.3.5 or better. It's easy to set up and use, and free. I don't have a line on a windows product yet, but will research and let you know.

I'm a little obsessed by this technology because it really gives a person the ability find the things they want to listen to and get them independent of all the advertising spin that surrounds even the best work. NPR, a lot of news outlets, many bloggers, and of course all sorts of entertainment selections are out there. The best part with the RSS is that you can choose what and when you want to listen to something. So for instance, I downloaded a lot of artist interviews, saved them to my ipod, and then listen to them when I'm driving. Also, selected NPR stories, Meet the Press the day Chertoff was on, and music/poetry extravaganzas from sites like Beauty Dish Radio.

One can only aspire to such quality.


Have a great weekend.